Notice of Annual General Meeting
09 May, 2023
Orascom Construction PLC announces that it has published the Notice of Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held on 31 May 2023 for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, passing the following resolutions:
- Resolution 1: That the Company’s financial statements as at and for the financial year ended 31 December 2022 together with the notes to those financial statements and the Director’s and auditor’s reports on those financial statements be and are hereby approved.
- Resolution 2: That Sami Haddad be and is hereby reappointed as a non-executive director of the Company, in accordance with the Company’s articles of association.
- Resolution 3: That Nada Shousha be and is hereby reappointed as a non-executive director of the Company, in accordance with the Company’s articles of association.
- Resolution 4: That KPMG LLP be and is hereby reappointed as independent external auditor of the Company to hold office from the conclusion of this meeting until the conclusion of the next annual general meeting of the Company at which audited financial statements are laid.
- Resolution 5: That, subject to Resolution 4 above being passed, the Board be and are hereby generally and unconditionally authorised to determine the remuneration for the external auditor, KPMG LLP.
- Resolution 6: That, subject to obtaining the required regulatory approvals, the Company proceeds with the purchase of 6,517,444 of its own shares (the “Shares”), representing 5.58% of the Company’s total issued share capital, from Ms. Melinda French Gates, for the price of USD 3.00 per share.
- Resolution 7: That, following the acquisition referred to in Resolution 6 above, the Shares are cancelled within a period between three (3) and twelve (12) months from the date of acquisition, being held by the Company as treasury shares until such cancellation occurs.